So, I’m signed up! I’m in the Queue! Now what! Besides waiting, there are a lot of things you can do to get ready! Start here with this checklist! Continue your research! Look for the best prices of some of the stuff on this list. I personally bought most of my supplies on Amazon! Not only are they quick, but you can also compare prices and get what fits your budget. And remember, this list is just a guideline! But why it is most important. The rest can wait until you actually need it! Remember! You have 6-8 weeks to be ready!
- Business Cards. I suggest getting 250 of these to start. Search for designs on Etsy to get ideas of what you want, just make sure they are compliant. I downloaded the digital version, then had them made at Vistaprint.
- Hangers. If you know what you will be getting in your initial inventory, decide how many hangers you would need. Buy extra, because they WILL break. AmazonBasics Velvet Suit Hangers – 100-Pack, Black
- Poly Mailers. Here is where you can have some fun! Go bold, plain, seasonal, the choices are endless! Compare prices for these. Different manufacturers and suppliers also have different prices and quantities. It pays to compare!
- Shopping Bags. Also called T-shirt bags. If you plan on doing in home or vendor shows for selling, you will need bags for purchases. Again, compare prices.
- Hanger Size Markers. These are not a necessity, but they make it nice for customers when they’re shopping, or when you are pulling inventory. TripodGo Size Markers For Clothing Hangers Colored Hanger Sizer Plastic Size Marker Tags, XXS-XXXL, 50 PCS/SIZE
- Rack Size Markers. These are also optional. Just decide if the cost is worth it for you as well as your customers. I personally like both. but the choice is up to you. FindUWill 20 Pack Clothing Rack Size Dividers Round Hangers Dividers with 1 Piece Marker Pen (20Pack, Blank)
- Racks. There are a lot of good choices for racks. Remember, there is going to be a LOT of weight put on these. Cheaper isn’t always better in this case. You will also be taking these with you, if you plan on doing vendor shows or at a hostess party. Double racks seem to be more sturdy, but it’s a personal preference. DecoBros Supreme Commercial Grade Double Rail Garment Rolling Rack, Chrome Finish
- IKEA Frakta Storage Bags. These work great for carrying your clothes while they are still on the hangers. They also work great for taking packages to the post office for shipping. Frakta Bags come in various sizes and package quantities. Ikea Frakta Storage Bag,Extra Large – Blue — SET OF 3 You will need at least 2 pkgs of these, or a pack of 8.
- Storage Bins. How and where are you going to be storing your inventory that is not on hangers? Plastic bins come in all sizes, too, Just remember that YOU are the one who will be handling these, so don’t get a size that will be too heavy to lift when full.
- Mannequin. A mannequin is not necessary. It depends on how you plan on displaying your clothing for pictures. If you plan on doing all flat lays, this would be a waste of money for you. There are lots of options on Amazon. SONGMICS Female Mannequin Torso Body Dress Form with Adjustable Tripod Stand, Medium Size 6-8, 34″ 26″ 35″, for Clothing Dress Jewelry Display Photography White UMDF04WT
- Lighting Kit. Good lighting is essential for taking quality pictures. Compare kits for these, too. This is the lighting kit I use. .Photography Photo Portrait Studio 600W Day Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit by LimoStudio, LMS103
- Backdrops or Whiteboards. These are used for picture taking, depending on h ow you want your pictures to look. If you have a nice wall in your house, with decent lighting, I wouldn’t bother with this. Personal preference will help you decide if this is worth the cost. Before purchasing these, look at other consultants pictures. Choose what look you like best, and go from there.
- Label Printer. There are a wide variety of printers available. I use the DYMO LabelWriter 4XL Thermal Label Printer (1755120) that I got on Amazon. Check for pricing, because they go on sale often!
Use this list as a starting point, but keep it to refer back to it if you need to. Or come back here! I will update it if I think of anything else, or if I forgot to list it! These links go to Amazon, because this is where I bought mine. And yes, if you click on any of these and purchase, I do get a small amount of compensation for the referral. So thank you!
For more information, you can read “Questions to Ask“, “Questions Answered“, “What Happens Next“, and “Everything is Sorted“. And check back often! I will be updating everything periodically! And when you’re done with those, read “Apps for Photo Editing“. Follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, too! Join my LuLaRoe group page!