Positive affirmations can be so helpful, if we actually use them. Mindset, good or bad, is everything! Thinking positive is a MUST! We are our own worst enemy! And believe me, I am so, so guilty of this! I need constant reminders when I talk to myself to think positive thoughts and to quit being so hard on myself! I struggle with this more than I care to admit, but I’m admitting it here and now, for the whole world to see! Well, maybe the whole world won’t actually see this, but I’m putting it out there for anyone who comes across this, that we’re all in this together!
Mindset….turning negative to positive
Now THIS is something I have a hard time doing! Usually, when I get negative, I continue to spiral downward, until it takes a lot to pull me back up! I don’t like reaching that low point, even though it happens sometimes, and more times than I want. It’s hard, not only on yourself, but on those around you as well! Your loved ones, your friends…..no one wants to see you being hard on yourself! Not to mention, it can also bring them down as well!
Have you ever been feeling a little low, turned on some music to try to pick yourself up a little, but this really sad or depressing song comes on? What happens? You go a little deeper in to your blue funk or depression! Am I right? If you’ve never noticed it, pay attention the next time you do this!
How to fix that, if music helps, is to create an upbeat playlist……something that makes you feel like dancing…or singing! Or BOTH! Then play it often! And if you hear a song come on that you just KNOW will pull you down, turn it off! It’s that simple! And truthfully, so is that negative self talk that we do! Just quit doing it! Tell the negative committee that meets in your head to sit down and shut up!
I am in a group, a premium coaching group (meaning I pay to be in it) called Sassy Suite! Most of us are women, mostly in direct sales, but not everyone! There is such a wide variety of people in this group, and the coaching is exceptional! Sometime, somewhere, somehow….what you think about or struggle with in life or your business WILL show up in there! I think if I ever leave my direct sales businesses, I would still pay to stay in there! It is that worth it to join!
Anyway, my point here, is that there was an extra week in the month, so the topic for the week was MINDSET! You want to talk about a learning experience. I did the challenges! Writing down some of the negative thoughts that I tell myself was hard! Even harder, was turning them around to something positive!
After finding the positive thoughts, we were to record them on our phone, in our OWN voice! Hearing those words out loud instead of thoughts running through our heads…..well, I’m just not sure how to describe it! All I can think of is that it is like you are talking to a friend, but that friend is YOU! And that’s a good thing! Right?!?!?
My list of Positive Affirmation
Whatever you struggle with, whether it’s body image, fear of something, negative thinking in general, these thoughts can be reworded (just substitute a word here or there to fit your need) to suit any situation! Pick 5 out of this list, record them on your phone, then play them back when you need to. Or pick as many or as little as you want! The important thing here is to do it! Remember, when you’re talking negative to yourself, you wouldn’t talk to a friend that way, and you ARE your own worst enemy! Therefore, it’s a good reminder to talk to yourself like you would a friend, not like someone you don’t like!
So here’s what helped me!
- I know the answers and the solutions. I listen to myself & trust my judgement.
- There is so much more to life than worrying about my weight! It’s time to start experiencing it!
- My life is what I make of it, I have that power!
- Accepting myself as I am right now, is the first step to growing positivitly.
- My opinion of myself is the only one that matters!
- My well being is the most important thing to me. I am responsible of taking care of myself!
- A goal weight is just a number. How I feel is what’s important.
- Life is too short to waste time obsessing about a number. Whether that number is a size, a number on the scales, an age, or a bank account, it’s not worth wasting time obsessing about it.
How are we doing so far?
- I deserve to be treated with kindness and respect.
- My body is a gift.
- I look exactly the way I am supposed to. It’s the way God made me!
- Even if i don’t see how amazing I am, there is someone who does!
- All magazine photos are airbrushed, photo shopped or distorted.
- No one has the power to make me feel bad about myself without my permission.
- My needs are just as important as everyone else’s.
- Life doesn’t start 10, 20, 30 pounds from now! Life starts today!
- Taking care of myself feels good.
- Food doesn’t make me feel better. Food just temporarily stops me from feeling what I’m feeling.
- Other people are too busy thinking about themselves to care what I weigh.
- My body can do awesome things
Do it! You’ll be glad you did!
Your mind will always believe what you tell it! So feed it faith! Feed it truth! And especially, feed it LOVE!
Come join me on Pinterest, Instagram and my VIP group! Grow with me! And don’t forget about the Suite! It is a monthly fee that you can cancel at any time! Check it out for a month to see what you think!